Emergency Community Support Fund
We are proud to have partnered with Community Foundations of Canada and the Government of Canada to deliver the Government of Canada's Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) in the Central Okanagan.
Round 1 of ECSF was distributed over the summer and Round 2 launched on October 5, 2020. With Round 2, we've invested an additional $114,560 through the ECSF towards local charities and other qualified donees supporting populations experiencing heightened vulnerability during the crisis. We are pleased to announce that in Round 2, ECSF has supported the following organizations:
- $4,690 was invested in Brain Trust Canada
- $12,790 was invested in Central Okanagan Region Nutrition Society
- $10,490 was invested in Cool Arts Society
- $4,800 was invested in Connect Counselling
- $16,000 was invested in Kelowna's Gospel Mission
- $14,790 was invested in KCR Community Resources
- $16,000 was invested in Pathways Abilities Society
- $15,000 was invested in Project Literacy
- $20,000 was invested in the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared over 10 months ago, community-based charities and nonprofit organizations have been working tirelessly to provide emergency support, in particular to individuals and communities experiencing heightened vulnerability.
We know the need for funding is still significant and we're continuing to advocate for broader recovery and stabilization support for the charitable sector.
The Emergency Community Support Fund