Current Job Postings:
Point in Time Count Coordinator
TYPE OF POSITION: Contract, temporary
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
CONTRACT DATE: November 14.2019 – June 11.2020
SALARY: $28.00 per hour
The Point-in-Time Count Coordinator will plan and execute the Kelowna 2020 Coordinated Point-in-Time Count at the direction of the Central Okanagan Foundation.
The Central Okanagan Foundation provides an outgoing contribution to the quality of life in our community through building endowments, grant making and community leadership.
In March 2020, Kelowna will participate in the Kelowna 2020 Coordinated Point-in-Time Count supported by the Government of Canada's Reaching Home Strategy. The Point-in-Time (PiT) Count serves two functions: to count the number of people experiencing homelessness in Kelowna over a specified period; and to gather information on the demographics and service needs of the local homeless population.
The Kelowna 2020 Coordinated Point-in-Time Count will help is to better understand homelessness in Kelowna. With successive counts we can measure our progress in ending homelessness in our community.
The PiT Count Coordinator will plan and implement the Kelowna PiT Count, in consultation with the PiT Count Committee.
The Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Designing the PiT Count methodology, in compliance with Employment and Social Development Canada's requirements
- Mobilizing the homeless serving-sector
- Leveraging community support and participation
- Recruiting and training volunteers
- Ensuring the safety of volunteers and participants
- Coordinating data input and analysis
- Reporting regularly to the Central Okanagan Foundation
- Preparing the final PiT Count report for submission to the Central Okanagan Foundation
- Post-secondary education with a specialization in project management, social work, community planning, health, and/or research will be considered an asset
- Knowledge and expertise in one or more of these areas may be satisfied through a combination of education, training and/or previous experience
- 2-3 years of experience in housing or homelessness, or a related field. Applicants must demonstrate an understanding of issues related to homelessness. Direct experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness is an asset.
- Experience coordinating community projects, programs or events.
- Familiarity with volunteer recruitment, training and management.
- Knowledge of/experience with populations affected by homelessness
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse partners, government and other stakeholders.
- Experience in effective management of crisis situations
- Knowledge of survey design and/or quantitative research methods
- Experience working with the media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior presentation and public speaking skills
Your complete application package must include a cover letter, resume, and the names of at least 2 work-related references. Please insure that "PiT Count Coordinator" is quoted in the email subject line.
Submit applications to Cheryl Miller, email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.