Position: Development Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director
Location: Kelowna, BC
Category: Permanent, Part-time (24 hours/week)
Closing Date: April 10, 2020
About Central Okanagan Foundation
Community Foundations are charitable organizations dedicated to improving communities in specific geographical areas. Central Okanagan Foundation does this by pooling the charitable gifts of donors to create endowment funds and using the investment income to make grants.
The Central Okanagan Foundation supports registered charities within the Central Okanagan Region. This encompasses the District of Lake Country, City of Kelowna, City of West Kelowna, and District of Peachland.
We believe that everyone can leave a legacy. We are the catalyst, building excellence in philanthropy to ensure our communities flourish.
To contribute to the quality of life in the Central Okanagan through the raising and stewardship of entrusted funds, innovative and diverse granting, and active community leadership.
The Development Officer (permanent part-time 24 hrs/week) plays an important role in supporting major, prospective, mid-level, corporate, community, third party and planned gift activity involving identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors to the COF.
The Development Officer operates within a framework of effective time management while managing calendars and providing required meeting material and support. Tasked with balancing prospect coordination, proposal assembly, campaign development and reporting, the Development Officer is a focal point for revenue activity managed by the Executive Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supporting the COF team with all current and future donor-related activity.
· Provide all administrative support for the Executive Director including Major Gifts, Prospective Major Gifts, Corporate & Community Engagement and Communications.
· Support and coordinate with the Executive Director, all elements of the Major and Planned Gift stewardship cultivation events & activities.
· Using COF’s data management system, prepare queries, record donor activity (e.g. call reports, tracking next steps) and provide regular reports (financial, prospect pipeline) as required
· Plans & coordinates two major stakeholder events per year (June & November)
· Provide front desk support as needed
· Coordinate, create, gather & distribute content according to stakeholder communications calendar
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
· Strong administrative, analytical and organizational skills
· Proactive approach to managing workload
· Advanced interpersonal and donor relations skills to interface donors, volunteers, Board.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience using a CRM tool, including data entry, generating queries, and adherence to coding protocols. Excellent overall computer skills including expertise in an Office 365 environment.
· Ability to work independently and take initiative, within a multi-disciplinary team
· Event planning or hospitality experience would be an asset
· Demonstrated success in executing sales and/or marketing campaigns
· Non-profit and/or Fundraising preferred
· Administrative & bookkeeping background preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Diploma / degree or equivalent in related area
· Related experience in a fundraising and/or major gift environment preferred but not required
We offer a comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a professional working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that makes a difference in the community.
Please send cover letter & resume to David Knapp, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org