JOB TITLE: Administration Assistant
TYPE OF POSITION: Contract, temporary
HOURS OF WORK:16 hours / week; July 2 to August 30.2019; 30 hours / week; September 1 to December 20.2019
Length of Contract: July 2. 2019 to December 20.2019
SALARY: $25.00 per hour
The Central Okanagan Foundation provides an ongoing contribution to the quality of life in our community through building endowments, grant making and community leadership.
Reporting to the Director of Grants & Community Initiatives, the Administrative Assistant is a key position within the Central Okanagan Foundation. This is often the first person that donors, grantees, volunteers and the general public will encounter when they approach the foundation for information and assistance.
The Administration Assistant ensures the office and organization runs effectively by providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Director of Grants & Community Initiatives and the Board of Directors.
Specific Duties July to December
- Responsible for phone and office reception,
- Assisting donors with phone, online, and in-person donations,
- Maintaining office filing systems, both electronic and hard copies,
- Populating software in Akoya,
- Responsible for inputting data into and maintaining internal software programs,
- Identifying and ordering office supplies,
- Identifying areas where office services could be made more efficient and effective,
- Coordinating any necessary outgoing mail outs, manage incoming mail
- Responsible for general office technical assistance, including but not limited to phone system support and internet, email, and server troubleshooting.
- Supporting the Executive Director prepare necessary information and documentation for the Board of Directors & Executive Committee,
- Supporting the Executive Director with document preparation, and general questions.
Specific Duties September to December
Annual Report and Office Administration
- Continue specific duties listed above as the Office Administration,
- Working with a Graphic Designer and past templates; responsible for the development of the Central Okanagan Foundation 2019 Annual Report,
- Assist with the planning of the Central Okanagan Foundation’s Annual Community Meeting.
Executive Director Support
Skills & Attributes
- 1-2 years of experience working in office administration,
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects, deadlines, and competing priorities,
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format,
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly,
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel,
- Experience in Customer Relations Management Software is an asset.
Your complete application package must include a cover letter, resume, and the names of at least 2 work -related references.Please ensure that “Administration Assistant” is quoted in the email subject line.Submit applications to Cheryl Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on: June 3.2019 Closing Date: June 14.2019
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.