We’ve worked hard to build a reputation for community leadership and success. We are both a charity and the region’s largest non-government funder to other charities. By partnering with us, you get the benefit of an experienced, respected, and flexible partner committed to getting the most out of what you give.
The strength of the Central Okanagan Foundation is our ability to respond to diverse interests rather than having to focus on one sector. We provide an ongoing source of funding for agencies that focus on a wide range of causes, including:
- Arts & culture
- Animal welfare
- Children, youth & families
- The environment
- Health, wellness & community service
- Heritage preservation
Since the COF’s inception in 1977, we have contributed over $27 million back into the community as grants and allocations of funds. We currently have 350 separate endowment funds that are tracked individually for our donors, and we are growing.
WE MAKE PHILANTHROPY EASY
- Our specialty is matching donors with causes that appeal to them. We are happy to help you decide how your gift can be used to support a favourite charity or area of interest.
- We can help your business come up with a corporate giving fund that benefits a cause of your choice and provides charitable receipts to your employees.
- Choose from a variety of local charities that already have endowment funds set up with us and would welcome donations to grow their funds.
- Have your gift address changing local needs by donating to our community fund. Our granting committees will make funding decisions on your behalf.
- Want to have an immediate impact? Ask about our flow-through and spend-down funds.
For local registered charities:
- We can help you set up an agency endowment fund to ensure a sustainable source of income for the future.
- We also provide grants. Check out our updated list of grant recipients to see which agencies have already received grant monies through the COF.